Question
Posted by: Wonder | 2007/05/23

nutrimax cre2

I'd really appreciate your advice. I gym 5 days a week for about an hour, mainly weight training. I want to start using creatine and enquired about it at our pharmacy. The salesperson told me about Nutrimax CRE2. Can you please give me some more info on the product. He said it's a lot better than some of the normal products because it doesn't go through your kidneys but through the stumach. For how long can I use creatine before I need to take a break. Should I be careful to gain fat mass while using creatine.
And lastly, what ratio of carbs to proteiene should a supplement contain if I want to build muscle, but still need to lose about 2 kg fat?
Thanks!

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Firstly, I do not know every product off by heart – therefore I cannot comment unless you send me a full ingredient list. Now, firstly all stuff that we put into our mouths enters the stomach where some substances are taken up, from there it passess into the intestines where it will travel by the blood to the liver before it enters general circulation and in the case of creatine travels to the muscle cells to be stored there. Finally the kidneys will filter the blood to remove impurities which will be passed out through the urine. All this said ask the shop assistant for the scientific research to proof the metabolism of the product which should also indicate how much of the taken substance reaches its destination and for how long it will remain there – half life it is called
Best to use creatine no more that 3 months on and then take at least a month’s break. New generation products do not need loading phases and therefore you can reach peak levels rather sooner. Some users drop the dosage to once a day level after a month to keep at a maintenance stage – my experience with creatine is that it often differs for people therefore it is best that you experiement with it and feel what works for you – just don’t overdose and make sure your drink loads of water while taking creatine.
Gaining fat mass while taking creatine in my experience often resulted from the carbs found in those products – make sure that the carb value of the creatine product balances with the rest of your allocated carb intake for the day, because you know too many carbs especially if they are high GI carbs will lead to fat gain.
The best way to still grow muscle mass and loss body fat it to follow a diet slightly lower in your daily calorie need with the fat intake not more than 20% and the protein and carb intake 40% each. There are supplements out there as such or a supplent like Myoplex Original which contain 23 g Carbs and 42 g Protein will support the same case.

Good luck!
Vanessa