Question
Posted by: shoba | 2004/10/04

nutrigenomics

dear doc
please forward me details on how I would assess myself on the Nutrigenomics I just read about. I am about 6 kilos overweight, am doing some gym, and trying out every diet I can. But after reading this I would prefer to approach the whole fitness , weightloss and general well being from a scientific aspect.
I am 40, Indian, work full time, two kids, and most importantly want to be healthy. I live in JHB.

I look forward to a reply from you and am ready to go for any lab tests you send me to.

regards
shoba

Dear Shoba
This week's DietDoc Topic gives the details of how to contact GeneCare (phone (021) 480-6503). A good idea is to also contact a clinical dietitian (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian can arrange for gene testing and then prescribe the appropriate diet for you. Exercise remains one of the most valuable aids to fitness, weight loss and general well-being, so keep up the good work.