Posted by: Dietitian | 2008/06/19

Nutrient analysis system

Dear Doc.
Being a dietitian myself I want to keep up to date with the latest products available on the market to advise my patients on the best choices.

Do you know of any website that I can use that analyze variety foods, take-aways and beverages into their nutrient content per portions size with the major macro- and micronutrients? A website would be better than a book I believe, since it is very easy for websites to update their info.

Thank you for all your advise to the readers...

Dietitian - Jhb

Dear Fellow Dietitian
How nice to hear from you. Thank you for your kind words. I don't know if the Website that features the abbreviated version of the SA Food Tables (macronutrients only) lists these "new" foods and beverages that are constantly appearing on the market. The Website is: and go to 'Nutrition'. I must admit that I also struggle to keep up to date - there's a new product every week! It may also be a good idea to phone the MRC in the Cape at (021) 938-0911 and ask to speak to the people who work with the Food Tables to find out if they are making provision for these new products. The only other alternative is to contact the companies because I do know that Nandos and Wimpy do have nutrient analyses of their foods available.
Hope you can get this info

Posted by: Dieetkundige 2 | 2008/06/20

As jy op ADSA se webblad ingaan, kyk by links. Daar is sulke web bladsye vir nutrient ontledings aangedui

Reply to Dieetkundige 2