Question
Posted by: THABO | 2004/10/26

NURISTARTE - INJECTION

I have a 4 months old baby (born on the 2/6/2004), After his birth I have been using microval. I changed to injection bcoz I forgot to take pills so many times. I only started using an injection as a contraceptive on the 26/10/2004 my boyfriend and I we have been using condoms all along. The same day after returning from the clinic I noticed that I had a brownish discharge, but it only happen for two days then it stopped (it was not heavy). When can we start having sex without condoms? Is there a waiting period? I believe that now I am safe (protected).

You are safe from the first day after having the injection.

1
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/10/26

Congrats on baby - Mine is now 5 months - born on the 22 May!
I went back on nuristerate 6 weeks after he was born. The discharge will stop and it is unlikely that you will have further more spotting or periods.
You are not safe for 2 weeks after the first shot.

Reply to Kippie