Question
Posted by: Mel | 2006/11/07

nur- isterate to the mini pill

i have been put onto the injection (nur isterate) since the beginning of the year as I have ulcerative colits and the combined oral contracpetion shows that this condition is associated with "the pill" . however i am married and not yet had kids, but would like to consider another option that may suit my situation. i have been told by a family friend who is a GP that the mini pill could be a good option to consider, firstly, can one change from the injection to the mini pill without too many side effects, and also are there any "digestive" side effects that you know of, of the mini pill?

your advice would be greatly valued

There should not be digestive symptoms if you don't have any on Nuristerate. However, the mini-pill is less safe than the injection.