Question
Posted by: Debbie | 2008/01/07

Numbness in my legs. Please advise

I'm 7 months pregnant, it's my second child, I had the same sensation with my first pregnancy and would like to know if it is normal and how can I get rid of it as it keeps me up all night and makes sleeping a very tricky thing. When my body is relaxed, i get a type of pins and needles, almost numb sensation in both my legs that is driving me crazy!!!! What is it and how do I get rid of it. Please help.

It may be that the baby is pressing on a nerve. Physio might help.

4
Posted by: Elle | 2008/06/29

Reply to Elle
Posted by: Elle | 2008/06/29

I delivered my baby 5 weeks ago via caesarean section, during which a spinal block anaesthetic was administered. Since then I've been experiencing a numbing sensation in my legs and lower back. Is this as a result of the spinal block? When will this numb sensation disappear?

Reply to Elle
Posted by: Elle | 2008/06/29

Reply to Elle
Posted by: LinaPK | 2008/01/07

Hi there,

I am two months preggers and I am having the same as you but only in the one leg. My leg goes cold as if it freezing and then it goes numb, I asked my gynie today and he said that it is apparently the baby pushing on a nerve in your lower back that causes it. He said to keep an eye om it and see if it gets worse. But I have to say it is dam irriitataing

Reply to LinaPK