Question
Posted by: Beanie | 2007/04/20

Numbness and tingle in toes

I am a 28year old Female. I do not smoke and exercise at least 3 times a week. I am in good shape. The problem I have is that every so often in my left foot the third toe from my baby toe will go numb and then tingle. It isn't painful but it is an odd sensation which can last for a few hours. My feet are often cold and do on occasion look purplish. I also tend to suffer from fatigue even though I sleep for a good 8 hours a night.

Can you advise?

Dear Beanie
The tingling can be due to a nerve compression at the ankle. The cold and purplish look can be due to reduced circulation in the legs especially if it is cold. For fatique on needs to exclude medical reasons first:
See http://www.health24.com/dietnfood/I_want_to/15-3087,34681.asp

Try vit B complex supplements for the tingling and the coldness?