Question
Posted by: Theresa | 2007/08/17

Numbness and black spot in eyes

Hi Im 24 yrs old. Sometimes I suddenly experience the sympthoms of a migrane but i dont get a headache afterwords. I get these black spot in my eyes, my fingers gets numb then it moves up my arm, to my neck, inside my mouth I can feel it gets numb, even my tongue and teeth, in my face. Its slow moving. Sometimes i feel strange like im in a dreamworld. I cant think straight. Sometimes I even make up my own words when I speak. It lasts for about 10 min to 30 min. afterwards I feel tired and Ill sometimes have a little headache. What could this be? This first started about 10 yrs ago when i was still in school. Ive been for brainscan but there was nothing wrong (back then) I sometimes also happens when I excited or stressed or got very mad. What could this be. I sit infront of the computer the whole day. Could it have something to do with that? Please tell me what you think it could be?

Dear Theresa

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you consult a Neurologist. The origin of your symptoms can be from your spinal column, due to poor posture. The reason for consulting a Neurologist, is to establish if you are not perhaps experiencing a mild form of epilepsy. He/she will also be able to inform you if the origin of your symptoms are in fact from your cervical spine or perhaps something more sinister.

Please be so kind as to advise me about the outcome.

Kind regards