Question
Posted by: Ann | 2007/05/14

Numbness

Hi CD,

I am a 39 yo female and have two teenage kids. I smoke about 12 ciggies a day and have the occassional whiskey. I have noticed that of late, whilst i am asleep both my arms up to my finger-tips get numbed. To the extend were i become immobile. i only get my feel back once i take a hot shower. Whats wrong with me. PS. i do not exercise.

Dear Ann
I almost can¡¦t resist preaching to you!! But you probably know what I would say!
The problem could be a narrowing of the disc in your neck or carpal tunnel syndrome ¡V please let your GP check. It probably is ( unfortunately for me) not related to the siggies or the whiskey or the not exercising ƒ¼