Question
Posted by: mandy | 2004/03/11

numbness

Hi doc,

I am 29 years old, and in the last two days my left upper arms has been feeling numb, no pins or needles, just almost sore numbness, I can also say I have experience pain in the left side of my chest. I also feel very tired and irritated in this period. I am also finding it difficult to sleep.

Do you think a nerve is the cause of the numbness, but what explains the other symtoms. Please help

Mandy, it sounds like it might be due to a viral infection or maybe a neck problem. I doubt that it is due to your heart, but I suppose it is possible. You can try taking anti-inflammatories, but if it doesn’t clear up, the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.