Question
Posted by: Worried | 2004/11/02

Numb Left Arm

I'm a 28yr old male, fairly fit, attend gym 4 times a week and am a smoker. Problem is that for the last 3 weeks I have been waking up EVERY morning with a 'dead' left arm, it is completely numb. I end up having to squeeze my fist into balls for 5 minutes to get the blood circulating again.

At first I thought that I was just sleeping on it but that is not the case, is there anything else that could be causing this problem?? I have recently started a high protein diet and am also taking aNitrox and Phedra Cut, could this be a cause?

Many Thanks.

Worried, it is difficult to say what the problem is without being able to examine your first, but it sounds like something is pressing on the nerves and or blood vessels that supply the arm and hand. This might be due to something like thoracic outlet syndrome or something more sinister. The best would be to see your doctor and have it sorted out. Good luck.