Question
Posted by: Elmarie | 2005/06/30

Numb Feet<br>Numb feet

I e-mailed on the 29th but got no response. I'm concerned and would like to know if this is a serious problem. My feet go numb with any type of exercise and even if I stand for just a short while (10-15 min). I also have a spot on my right foot just under and next to my big toe that if pressure is applied in any way it has a shocking numbness to it. I'm a 30 year middle sized woman. I don't wear uncomftalbe high shoes and don't have thick callus's on my feet. I have had my thyroid tested resently and everything was fine (so I don't think I have sugar problems). What could be causing this numbness. Please help.

Expert ImageArchive

I posted a reply on 2 July

2
Posted by: CAgirl | 2005/07/10

not to scare you but sometimes numbness in the feet or other extremities can be a sign of a serious disease, like multiple sclerosis. my mom has MS and that is one of her symptoms. you should ask your doc about this. tests for MS include blood tests, brain scan , and spinal tap. some other signs of MS can be vision problems, loss of bladder/bowel control, memory problems, audio problems, unexplained pain, and loss of sexual funtioning. MS has treatments but is not curable. good luck.

Reply to CAgirl
Posted by: Sam | 2005/06/30

Sugar problems can exist without thyriod problems. I think you should consider seeing a podiatrist.

Reply to Sam