Question
Posted by: Numb | 2004/01/21

numb crotch

Hi Doc,

I recently did my first cycle race, 104 km's on Sunday and after the race I found my whole groin was totally numb. By Monday morning I had started getting some feeling back and now (Wednesday) I am almost back to normal except the tip of my penis is still numb. I am worried very about this because it's now three days later and I'm still not 100%. Do you think I give it more time or do I go to a urologist immediately.

Prior to this race I have done spinning classes of up to 3 hours and this has never happened to me before.

Appreciate your advice.

Numb, if it is still numb by the time you receive this, the best would be to see your GP. If everything has cleared up and it happens again, you should start taking an anti-inflammatory like Voltaren® or Brexecam® as soon as possible after the race. If that doesn’t help, it is back to the GP again. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Steve | 2004/01/21

If the pain persists see your doctor. Have your bike set-up checked, particularly your saddle position.

Veteran Cyclist

Reply to Steve