Question
Posted by: leigh | 2005/06/23

numb arm

Hello,
I hardly have feeling in my left arm, sometimes I have a 'pins and needles' sensation. My left arm also feels weak and numb at tmes. I have heard of "Rik & Pluk" Chiro's how would I find a Chiro that uses a gentle technique?

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Chiropractic can possibly help - contact the Chiropractic Assn of SA for a referral in your area. 058 3034571

2
Posted by: gamehog | 2005/06/27

Visited a DO, to assess the problem. blood work and C- CAT SCAN , last week showed nothing unusial. Meantine, I have no relief. Severe pain when effort to grip is made.

SUGGESTIONS?

Reply to gamehog
Posted by: Santa'sLittleHelper | 2005/06/26

'Ruk en Pluk' is just a term people have joked about chiro's because if a chiro performs an adjustment (specific, gentle form of manipultion) on a joint a clicking sound may be heard and so that is where that comes from. As you sound concerened then the best thing you can do is just speak to some chiro's before you have your first appointment and let them know your concerns and what you are looking for, because chiro's are trained in many forms of manipulation and so will use what suits you best.Also the click you hear from a typical adjustment is not bones clicking back into place it is gas within the joint moving, just the same as when people click their knuckles.So it is stiff joints which a chiro is moving and they are common sources of problems cos they can cause muscles to tighten, irritate nerves, restrict flexibility and movement etc...

You should def get your arm assessed because there are a variety of causes for your 'numbness' and a chiro will be able to diagnose it for you and if it is a problem from the joints, muslces or nerves then they would most likely treat it.

Reply to Santa'sLittleHelper