Question
Posted by: Nat | 2005/11/28

Numb

I’m smiling, friendly, laughing, helpful at work. Trying to work anyway. No-one realizes that I’m actually doing nothing. Everything seems so far away. Its easy to keep the smiling, friendly face on. Nothing wrong except this fog that seems to make everything disappear. Can’t feel, can’t think, can’t be unhappy. Welcoming the numbness. I know I should care but I don’t. Why bother…. It only brings the pain, the unhappiness, the despair. So sleepy right now. Been sleeping for the past two weeks. Small periods of being awake inbetween. Need to be awake at work. Why bother though…. Can go home in a while, back to my bed. Should eat. Why bother…..

Could be a marked depression --- see a good local psychiatrist for a proper assessment, and then a discussion, if needs be, of treatment options. Good luck with tomorrow's session --- I hope it goes well and that you're soon feeling better

3
Posted by: Nat | 2005/11/28

I know that I'm depressed. Its like welcoming back an old friend.... Dont worry about me.... Seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow....

Reply to Nat
Posted by: SR | 2005/11/28

Nat = You are suffering from depression. People who are depressed tend to sleep alot of the time. You need to talk out your situation and work on a plan to get you from where you are to where you want to be.

The solution is defining where you are right now (What works and does not work for you) then making a promise and keeping it to get where you want to be.

Reply to SR
Posted by: Bibi | 2005/11/28

Have you thought of seeing a therapist?

Reply to Bibi