Question
Posted by: lee | 2007/03/16

Nuisterate

I have been on Nuisterate injection for about 5 years. I would like to start a family soon. How long will it take for me to become fertile again? How will I know?

Dear Lee

The return to fertility after injectable conception is very unpredictable. In extreme cases the effects may persist for up to two years. However, a rough indication would be given by the return to normal menstrual cycles. Should menstrual cycles become regular, it is more than likely that ovulatory patterns have established themselves and would therefore not pose a problem to conception, all other factors being equal.