Question
Posted by: Hat | 2007/02/22

Now muscle twitches

I wrote to you a while ago about the numbness in my forehead. It cleared up for a while, but now it seems to come back, but is almost always accompanied my a migrane, however I have this strage problem lately, that I hope you can help me find out what it is.

Just when I fall asleep, my muscles in my whole body twitches almost like that feeling when you fall. The only problem is that this does not happen once only, it carries on and on for the whole night. I will go back to sleep, and once again, just when I drift off, all my muscles twitch. This morning I took a sleeping tablet at 1:00am, just to get some sleep, as this was going on since 8:30 that evening.

Should I go and see a doctor, can this be something serious? It was not the first time, this is the 4th time in a month.

Please help.
Hat

Dear Hat
Try to use a preventative thing for the migraine like Dixarit tablets daily ( you 'll need a prescription). Taking a SSRI ( a type of antidepressant) works well for the jerking legs. Are you still taking Magnesium and Vit B complex supplements?
See www.health24.com/medical/Condition_centres/777-792-3529-3537.asp