Question
Posted by: Jillybean | 2005/12/08

NOW I need your advice CS & everyone...

Hey everyone,
I have a slight problem and I have no idea what I should do... I have a male friend - I've known him for about 3 years. He calls me about 3 times a week and I e-mail him when I get the chance or sms whatever. He asked me if I would go to Margate with him, I agreed.
BUT
I met a guy, things are looking very good. Now my 3yr friend is upset about this. I don't think going on vacation with him is such a good idea, I think he wants more than friendship and I told him before that I would never be able to see him as more than a friend. And besides, I don't think this guy would like it very much if I go on holiday with other guys... Any advice, anyone?

I'm not sure what you're looking for, here. Going on holiday, as a friend, with a long0term and trusted friend, makes some sense ( and cancelling out so late is disappointing to him, inconvenient and may cost him wasted money. Going on holiday with someone you have only very recently met and don't know well, just because he seems to be dishy, isnt wise, is it ? And if he's such a new friend, why should it be up to him whether you go on holiday with an old friend ?

4
Posted by: Deubel | 2005/12/09

If you like this new guy then don't go anywhere with your old friend. You are right, he will try something if you go with him. Then your friendship will take a knock anyway.

Be wise and stay. Tell him you can't go anymore, a change of plans.

Reply to Deubel
Posted by: Jillybean | 2005/12/08

Let's call the long-term friend A.
I told him today that there might be a love interest since he insisted that we share everything. And then he goes on and tells me that he's always had this huge thing for me. Like I said, I don't see him as more than a friend...
It won't be a waste of money, he's going down to his parents and wanted me to go with. I really value his friendship, but I think he will try something when we are on holiday... Wot do i du?
Cool ZeeZee!! It's just a bit gevrek now that the students are gone...

Reply to Jillybean
Posted by: ZeeZee | 2005/12/08

I agree with Shooter....Oh and I saw in a your'e posting of yesterday that you are from Potch. I am also from Potch

Reply to ZeeZee
Posted by: SHOOTER | 2005/12/08

if the 3yr friend is a friend then he will understand in the long run, if his intentions were to prompt a development to something more then he will leave in a storm. i would say go with the new luv. it might be mr right or it could be mr right now, only you will be able to decide. its christmastime so share your love 7 enjoy ya self

Reply to SHOOTER