Question
Posted by: Liza | 2005/12/12

Now I know it! cont.../

So the frequent times off have (except for one day when I had to fetch my brother) have been to go and see my psychiatrist. Now I cannot get any appointments over weekends, or later in the afternoon, so when I have an appointment, I need to leave 30 minutes earlier from work. In addition to this, I've NEVER left 30 minutes earlier if I hadn't been at work 30 minutes early.

Yet when one of the other staff members are hung-over and ask to come in late, he never gives them grief.

Now he has also admitted to the department, that he went and blabbed to the MD about one of my colleagues decision to leave - although he hasn't officially handed in his resignation yet. Nice. What else has he blabbed about? The 'huge' salary I was offered when I started at the company? Its completely market related to my years experience, education and skills. Yet I've received so many snide remarks from some of the other people in my department about my salary. Not that they come right out and say that they know what I'm earning, rather blaming it on an innocent comment I made that my tax was more than what my brother-in-law earns. Hellooo. He works for minimum wage as a security guard!. My tax has been more than his current salary since I started programming! We were taxed a lot more heavily nine years ago. So how do they know what I'm earning from that comment? I could be earning under R10 000 and still my tax would be more than what he earns. Plus I can guarantee that my one colleagues' house that she bought some years ago for R600 000 wasn't just because millionaire mummy and daddy gave her R400 000 as a deposit. Naturally she's the one giving me the most grief.

Well, at least she talks to me. Some of the other women in my department completely exclude and ignore me. They won't look at me when I ask them a question. Quite a change from the welcome I got when I started working here.

So my question - What changed? The answer seems rather obvious doesn't it.

,,,,,

3
Posted by: Dude | 2005/12/12

ow much tax do u pay ? jus askin... uz programmin, thats funky, mos programmers are slightly introverted, r u? also if uz in front of a screen a ole day en uz eyes get tired an start playin tricks.... sorry bout uz situation but maybe uz shud take a step back an realise at work aint all there is 2 life, take it easy an start findin outside interest as if this is all uz got then the smallest of insignifanct things that willl make no impact on uz life 5 years from now seem 2 b mountains ... an get laid... thats very very important!!

Reply to Dude
Posted by: Liza | 2005/12/12

... - you've given me something to think about - am I just imagining the attitudes of my coworkers? Well, I've made some friends in another department that works closely with ours and even though I might have every reason to think that one of them has it in for me, I know that she doesn't - she's just thorough with her work. And did I imagine it when I was excluded from the rest of the department and seated at another table during the yearend function? (And yes, there was another space, but they decided to put someone from another department there) Its just that every time I say a cheery hello to the office - it hurts when only a few answer. Yet when others come in with their hello - almost everyone (including me) answers back.

Reply to Liza
Posted by: ... | 2005/12/12

I realise that some of the things happening there really shouldn't be.. but you're very capable of standing up for your rights.. you know the law... and everything else related to medical problems.... so use your rights here....

Another things.... eems like people not talking to you happens wherever you go... and there always seem to be people who you believe have it in for you... and you disappeared from this forum when it became apparent that you had overreacted to a situation at your childrens school... you refused to accept it.... and the reason I tell you this... isn't because i want to stir trouble or anything like that.... but maybe you need to look within... at how you treat people yourself... at how you come across to the people you interact with at work.....
it's just odd that you always keep experiencing the same issues... and it's always every one else who is wrong... or who are talking about you... a bit narcissitic(excuse spelling)... perhaps?? ... just something to think about.......

Reply to ...