Question
Posted by: Liza | 2005/12/12

Now I know it!

My boss's boss left the company. Ostensibly to work full-time on a charity that he has been working parttime with. The actual reason - all the senior managers, my boss included went to the MD of our parent company and complained about him, and he was asked to hand in his resignation gracefully. Okay, so the guy wasn't really good at his job, taking credit for things that other people have done etc. But couldn't they have done some upward management and given him some support? He never had any support from the senior managers. Just the whole lot of them gossiping to the other staff about all the bad stuff he'd done.

I'm going to say it - I'm ashamed of my boss. I was sick - had a migraine on Thursday. Had a headache for the whole week prior to it becoming a fullgrown migraine, yet I came in during that time to work, drank painkillers with my stomach ulcer and just buckled down to ride it out. Thursday however came and it just wacked me upside down. I was in bed with a dark cloth over my eyes - and stronger painkillers for most of the day. I told my boss that I would be back in on Friday - and I was. Just very pale, with a non-existent blood pressure and the migraine back to a plain headache. Around lunchtime I went to him and asked him whether I could leave early to go home and rest(after multiple urgings of my friends in another department). His answer - that I should really get the doctor to find out exactly what is wrong with me and that the frequent times off needs to stop.

To be continued....

Well, it's nice of you to be so sympathetic about him, but if he really wasnt capable of such a very highly paid job, and kept taking credit for other people's work, it would hardly have been to the benefit of the company and its other employees to keep him on. And he probably got a good golden handshake.
Sorry to hear of the awful migraine-- I know personally what those are like.