Question
Posted by: Nix | 2007/08/03

Notice period

My contract say sthat I need to give one calender month notice or in accordance to law. I just got a fantastic offer my company won't let me go because I'll only be giving 4 weeks notice. i've worked at this company for 3yrs. Am I legally entitled to give 4 weeks notice. I will be leaving after 4 weekds wether they agree or not. What legal action can they take against me pls.

Thx

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

You must give the calendar month's notice in accordance with your contract otherwise it is 30 days in accordance with the law.

MICHAEL BAGRAIM