Posted by: Smoke Free | 2008/10/14

Not yet, but getting there

I have not yet been to the Hypnotherapist as my appointment is only on Friday. I just wanted to let you know that you got me thinking and over the weekend I decided that I cannot rely on “ magic”  alone and had to think of a way to start helping my self so long until then.
By keeping track of time and allowing my self to have one 30 minutes after finishing the last I am proud to say that I am down to 25 a day, instead of 40. I know that I have left it to the last but “ rather late than never” . It’ s been tough and the emotions felt are strange, one moment I’ m excited, the next I’ m seriously annoyed and then I’ m all teary. As strange as this may sound, it feels good, good to know I have made one step forward. Today has been easier: I have not constantly looked to see if it’ s time yet. I programmed my cell to let me know when each one is due so that I can sit back and work until the alarm sounds. Wednesday I hope to push it to every 35 minutes which would bring me down to 22 a day. I know 5 minutes does not sound like a lot but to an “ ex-chain smoker”  (note the positive attitude) those 5 minutes can feel like for ever.
CS, if the hypnotherapy does not work and I choose to continue this process of elimination can I turn to you &  the forum for support if I start to feel desperate to throw in the towl. Many a road I have travelled alone but this one I need help with &  I know from past experience that my partner will not give me the emotional support. If I do not have a smile on my face 24/7 he pushes me aside &  ignores me, instead of offering a little comfort.

Thanks once again

Congratulations ! What EXCELLENT progress yopu have managed on your own --- you['ve cut down by nearly half, already, and these are early days yet ! Progress gets easier with time. Breaking a habit gradually is usually a good technique. DO continue the progress of cuting down this way, whether or not you add hypnosis to the mix. The hypnotist would be an idiot if he didn't aim to build on and extend what you have begun on your own, maybe trying to help you find it easier to do what you have begun, rather than working at cross-purposes to this.
And of course you're welcome to continue to use this forum for support and encouragement.

Posted by: jcat | 2008/10/14

hey girl! mail me on jcat456 at gmail dot com....maybe we can start a small CSforum ex-smokers group....
i can manage not to smoke at all when the bf is here, even for many hours, but the minute he leaves I make up for it.
So maybe, if we are limiting ourselves to the agreed-upon ones, with a buddy to support, we can do it?

Reply to jcat
Posted by: LS | 2008/10/14

Smokenders girl - google them - the only way to stop and stay that way!

Reply to LS