Question
Posted by: BPD | 2007/04/23

Not worthy - 3

I am not knocking listening, but for me talking to someone is easy... acknowledging the feelings and dealing with the issue does not come easy to me. I don't understand why i just can't get through this. I have always been outgoing and on top of life, but since the birth of my kids it has gone pear shaped... i have always suffered with suicide and depression since the age of 12, but since the birth of my first child it has just gotten worse. not a month goes by without me wanting to kill myself. I don't let this be known to husband... if i did then he would have won. I have lost it

If it was really easy, everyone could be a counsellor / therapist, and in deed, we could all just do it for ourselves, looking in the mirror. But it's possible and potentially valuable. Though it may feel that way, you haven't lost it --- you have mislaid it, and can find it again. Sounds like you may have had a depression or dysthymia from an early age, which became distinctly worse with a Post-Natal Depression, which indeed makes things go pear-shaped, and still needs and deserves proper assessment and treatment by the best shrink accessable to you. You deserve that

1
Posted by: Maria | 2007/04/23

Hi BPD
How many children do you have, and how old are they? I could barely care for myself when I was depressed, cannot imagine what it must be like to have to care for other people. Medication and therapy helped me overcome it. Is there anybody you can ask for help - family or friends?

Reply to Maria