Question
Posted by: desiree | 2007/08/08

not wanting sex after birth of child

Hello DR before and even during my pregancy i was very sexually active with my husband, then baby came and i dont even want to think of it. I had natural birth with no pain killers and i think i made the right choice, i wanted to have the full experince of the birth of my son. Im very tried and i think that is the reason for not wanting sex. Its not the fact that i thik my body has changed cause i weigh 50kg and have no strech marks. Is this normal and will it ever go away?

It is very normal not to feel like sex when you have a young child. I think you have found the answer- that you are very tired. Try to make dedicated time just for you and your partner.

2
Posted by: hi | 2007/08/10

hi,

the same thing happend to me,. i only started having sex after 6months!!!! i think its cause birth was so painful for me, i was to scared. i see that even after a year has gone by my sexual desire is not there any more, where we used to do it every night before i fell pregnant.

i think the reason for that is im so scared of falling preggies agian. for we do not want any more kids right now.

Reply to hi
Posted by: Nix | 2007/08/08

your body has just gone through a huge exciting experiance, i think it's normal, don't worry it will all come right, noone expects you to be super mom and super wife all the time, having a new baby puts lots of strain on you and i'm sure that sex is the furtherest thing from your mind. give it time.

Reply to Nix