Question
Posted by: Amy | 2004/03/11

Not urinating in the litter box

Hi. I have a 12 year old female (spayed) cat who has always been very good with using the litter tray. (She is an indoor cat). However, for the past few months, she is continually urinating in 3 different spots in the house. She still defecates in the litter box, however not to urinate. I have taken her to the vet and she is perfectly healthy. What could have triggered this off? Also, she is urinating on ceramic floor tiles (which is easy to clean) but I'm not sure exactly what to clean it with. I know not to use any product with ammonia in it as this can attract her back there. Also is there a spray or liquid I can put in these areas to disuade her from urinating there? Please help I'm getting desparate. Thanks

Hi Amy
I answered a very similar query yesterday, so have a look there. If you are still battling then please re-post your query.
Karen Gray-Kilfoil
ANIMAL BEHAVIOURIST