Question
Posted by: Shania | 2008/01/14

Not understanding Radiologist report

Hi.

Can someone pls explain this to me.My mom is 49 yrs old and was diagnosed with severe athritis.She is experiencing an excrucinating pain on her ehip and can't walk at all.The pain injection administered on her by the GP no longer helps.The GP sent her for Xrays.The report came back stating that there is a severe narrowing lateral in the joint space with peri articular sclerosis and osteophytes keeping with osteoarthrosis.There are also degenerative changes in the patellofemoral joint.Please explain this to me and advise as to what steps can we take now or which specialist must we send her too.

You help will be highly appreciated.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

In general this does sound like a fairly severe arthritic condition. An orthopaedic specialist is probably the best physician to consult for more specific evaluation.