Question
Posted by: Boo | 2007/07/31

not understanding friend

Im 27 living witth my fiance of 6yrs(29yrs) the problem is that my frend feels that my fiance should be doing everything not going half half in everything.I pay the quarter for the house and he pay the balance and I buy the grocery but during the month he gives me money for the petrol and to buy lunch so my friend feels that he's not fair as a man he should pay for the house and buy grocery I feel I need to meet him halfway yes I dont earn that much but I feel I should contribute something..Please help me

What business is this of your interfering friend ? If this arrangement you have seems fair to both of you, and the relationship is stable ---what is your friend's motive for interfering and trying to upset things ?

3
Posted by: Hope | 2007/08/01

I reckon its fair. If it really bothers you, you could work it out proportionally according to your salaries. Your friend should mind her own business.

Reply to Hope
Posted by: CJ | 2007/08/01

The way you handle your finances sounds fair. Even if it wasn't fair, it's none of your friend's business and it's your duty to tell her so very quickly.

Reply to CJ
Posted by: Maria | 2007/07/31

This is between you and your fiance, it really has nothing to do with your friend. And in this day and age, if both earns then generally both will contribute to household expenses. That is the way most people choose to do it.

Reply to Maria