Question
Posted by: Tired | 2007/07/25

Not sure whats wrong with me

In the last year i have been through many traumatic events, husband very sick,changing jobs, getting divorced, a close family member being mentally ill and having to look after them among others. I dont think i have dealt with any of the events as i am the kind of person who takes charge and is strong for everyone else and then when the storm has passed i feel drained and dead inside. Lately though i am so down and teary, just wanna do nothing dont want to work, just want to stay home, i get edgy in places full of people, keep feeling like i am having panic attacks have all these terrible thoughts in my head and cant stop them, i also feel physically ill most of the time and i am so so tired all the time. I do also have moments of happiness and contentment though, kinda varies between the two, been thinking of going to my doc to get AD, not sure if meds are the way to go though. Please help?

Many people react to such strains in the way you describe. And this sounds like a variety of burnout, with possibly an element of depression and/or anxiety disorder. Do arange to see a shrink, rather than a GP, as I agree that AD might not be the answer, while CBT counseling may well be what is needed

2
Posted by: Maria | 2007/07/25

It certainly sounds as if you need some help after going through a rough time. I suggest you go to your gp for a thorough checkup, and then perhaps combine meds with some sessions at a good psychogolist to help you deal with all these issues.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Paul | 2007/07/25

Hello Tired

You need to create boundaries for yourself.You cannot be all things to all people.

Best Wishes on the way forward

Reply to Paul