Question
Posted by: Worried | 2007/07/20

Not sure whats wrong

I have a friend, who's sister is experiencing the following symptoms. They have been to numerous doctors and they can't find a solution.

1) feels like her lungs are swollen

2) involuntary movements on her face (which she can sometimes control)

3) tiredness (not sure if it is constant or rapid)

Please can you help.

Dear Worried

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

This is a difficult case to diagnose over the internet. I would suggest that she consults an Internal Specialist for there are a whole battery of tests that must be done for tiredness, as we refer to as malaise. She will also have to go for a chest x-ray to exclude Pulmonary Edema (Capillary leak or alveolar membrane damage secondary to direct or indirect physical or chemical insult.) The facial involuntary movement can be linked to the constant tiredness.

I trust that the above information is of assistance.