Question
Posted by: Trev | 2007/03/14

Not sure what to do

I have two problems. Firstly, i found a stray kitten in a deliveries area in a popular shopping centre about a month back. What vaccine does the kitten require (3 months old). Secondly, i have basset hound which around 18 months old and has not been neutered, can he still be neuted at this age? Please advise. Thank You

The kitten will need two doses about 3 weeks apart one of which will contain the rabies vaccine. It is probably never too old to neuter a male animal. The only thing is that some of the learned behaviour will not be affected - for example cocking the leg when urinating. If done before about 8-10 months, males will squat to urinate. If done at a later age they will continue to cock the leg after castration.

1
Posted by: Marietjie | 2007/03/14

As far as I know, the vet will know what vaccine is required and you can still have basset neutered.
I think it is great of you to take the little kitty into your care!1

Well done!!

Reply to Marietjie