Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2007/08/07

Not sure... infection (I think)...

Hello.

Recently I have started to notice small blood spots in my vaginal discharge everything I have a bowel movement - but only when I have a bowel movement. I did have a bacterial infection which my gynae treated and I think is now sorted. I also have a constant sharp pain in my lower right side. Is this anything to be concerned about? I was due to start my period yesterday, but haven't - I don't think I'm pregnant though. I stopped taking the pill last month after about seven years.

Concerned

It may be that the presssure from the bowel movement is causing the spotting. This together with the pain in your side could mean that you have an infection again. A cyst could\ also cause these symptoms. You would have to see your doctor to make a diagnosis.