Question
Posted by: mindi | 2004/11/02

not sure how far I´m pregnant

Ive been to the ob today to go for a sonar, the could only see the sac. The dr says that my first day of my last period could not be the day that I´m saying (17th September 2004 ) but I´ve been writting all the things in my dairy because we´ve been ttc since the beginning of the year. my last to cycles was 35days and I took a hpt on the day 35 (22nd of October) and it was positive.

How does it work then ? How far am I really pregnant ? If there is a sac am I pregnant then ? I´m getting so stressed!!!

You are probably very early pregnant, less than 6 weeks.

2
Posted by: Jessica | 2004/11/03

I also resently found out I'm pregnant and my time is also not like normal (according to my blood test 4 weeks and my LMP 5 weeks) I also have a 35 day cycle. so it worked out exactly like above, you could have ovulated later than you thought.

Nothing to worry about if you see a sack all is well. My first appointment is monday only. my LMP was the 24th of Sept. so exactly one week less than you.

Jessica

Reply to Jessica
Posted by: Francis | 2004/11/02

Yes, if there are a sac you are pregnant. They normally start counting from your last day of LMP: in other words you should be 6 weeks this week. Just remember because you have a longer cycle you might only be 5 weeks and then only the sac will show. If you go to your doctor in two weeks times you should see the baby's heartbeat and the little dot (your baby).

Book your next appointment with your doctor in 2 - 3 weeks to make sure everything is ok.

If your doctor was stressing that you could have a missed miscarriage then he should have told you that, but it seems like he was not very concerned because he also thinks you just very early.

Remember to take your folic acid every single day and try to relax now.

Congrats!

Reply to Francis