Question
Posted by: lady pta | 2007/12/19

not so sure

Hi dr
I had a shoulder opp about 5 weeks ago
In hospital they fond out I have a embolism in the lung
I am on wafirin
Now I faint or pass out not for long (sec). I have also a pain under my breast that come and go. And some nights a pain in my back just below the shoulder blade.
It gets worse. There is also a pain on the side of my leg next to my knee. Please let me know what it could be

Dear Lady Pta
The pain in your chest and back could be lung related, the pain on the knee could possibly be a joint or ligament problem.
Signs of lung embolism are sudden chest pain, shortness of breath, blood tinged sputum, sweating and paleness and a feeling of extreme anxiety.
The fainting spells could be due to low blood pressure or irregular heartbeat. Either way I think your doctor should re-examine you to find the exact cause of your symptoms.
dr Bets