Question
Posted by: Fatso | 2004/10/12

Not satisfied

Hi Doc,

I think I have a serious psychological problem. My friends all comment how good I look and frankly they may be right if you take my height/weight ratio in consideration (BMI=22; 61kg; 1.68m)
However, I feel exactly the opposite and feel and look fat to myself. I am not anorexic or bulimic (I don't stick my finger in my throat) but have this tendency to eat very little as I am afraid of gaining weight. In fact I would love to shed some more kilo's.

I used to weigh 100kg+ and managed to loose the weight over two years time. Now I feel worse than before. Fat, ugly, flabby, chubby, you name it. What is wrong with this picture. Did the diet potions screw my mind? I should be thankful for the way I look, but indeed I am not.

Please help me !
FATSO

Could be a variant of the Eating disorders, or something we call by the graceful name of Dysmorphohobia, in which someone with a perfectly normal, even excellent body or physique, feels dissatisfied with it and uncomfortable in it. being Formerly Fat may have a lot to do with it, as your body has lost the weight, but in a way your mind hasn't. You are used to feeling fat and ugly, and don't properly perceive your present attractive size and shape, as others can and do. Seeing a shrink for counselling could help to get this back into proportion, and let you feel much happier about yourself.

1
Posted by: Pete | 2004/10/12

Hi Gorgeous!! Firstly, change your Nick name and then hear what your friends are saying:You are good-looking. Trust them! Do not be your own worst enemy!

Reply to Pete