Question
Posted by: BABES | 2004/11/11

NOT PICKING UP WEIGHT

HI GUYS, I AM 19 WEEKS PREGGIES AND UP TO NOW HAVE NOT PISCKED UP ANY WEIGHT. SHOULD I BE CONCERNED. THE LAST VISIT AT THE DOC HE SAID BABY WAS GROWING FIINE ETC BUT I AM STILL CONCERNED. I DONT EVER STOP EATING AND IT'S NOT THE HEALTHY STUFF IT'S MOSTLY JUNK. PLEASE HELP AS I AM IM GETTING WORRIED.

As long as the baby is growing well, there is no need for concern.

4
Posted by: mama-to-be | 2004/11/12

I'm 17 weeks and have also not picked up any weight and am quite concerned too. You need to wieght yourself at a particular time each day as at different stages in the day your weight changes so always do it at a specific time.

It is concerning. In the morning when I wake up my tummy is so flat that I can feel the baby and that really freaks me out, but when I get up the little lump is there but its not reflected on the scale nontheless.

Reply to mama-to-be
Posted by: Rene | 2004/11/12

Not to worry. A friend on mine only picked up 5kg during her pregnant. She only picked up during the latter part. As long as the doc is happy with you progress you shouldn't worry too much. She is now thinner than before her pregnancy and she ate like a horse.

Rene

Reply to Rene
Posted by: Rosa | 2004/11/12

I picked up about 4kg in my first 3 months, but on my last visit to the doctor I've lost 2 1/2 again. I don't suffer from morning sickness and have a very healthy appetite. Why am I losing weight then?

Reply to Rosa
Posted by: Alicia | 2004/11/11

If you were overweight to start off with, it is normal not to pick up any weight for the first few months of your pregnancy.

Reply to Alicia