Question
Posted by: leanne | 2006/04/10

not ovulating post D&C

I had a D&C on 26 Jan after a blighted ovum was diagnosed at my routine 12w ultrasound. I have since had 2 periods- 28d post D&C and then 27d after that. I have been spotting almost every day since the D&C but without discharge, odour, pain etc. I've been checked by my GP who thinks all looks fine. I have been charting my temperatures for several years now and have always had a very regular cycle with easy to detect ovulation. Since the D&C though, despite the return of my period, I haven't had the typical temperature changes and mucous I'd expect with ovulation and my LH strips (done all 3 months from D10-D17) have been negative. The first month post D&C was terribly difficult but I wouldn't consider myself stressed now and am quite relaxed generally (despite this email maybe sounding paranoid and obsessed with getting pregnant!). Is this something that will just take time or should I be taking something to kickstart things? I am 32 and trying for our 1st baby. My husband has major semen issues, so I feel like each month I'm not ovulating is a real loss. Thanks.

It is not uncommon to take a couple of months after a missed abortion before you resume ovulating and a normal cycle.