Question
Posted by: Chan1 | 2007/06/22

Not ovulating

Just been to my gynae-had bloodtest done because I suspected that I might be suffering from a Hormone Inbalance (facial hair, loss of libido)

The test came back NEGATIVE for the following:
No Hormone Imbalance
No thyroid problems
Insuline Levels are Normal

However, it did pick up that I'm not ovulating at all. Seeing that the above has been ruled out, what else could be the problem. All the gynae basically suggested was that I should have the Mirana(sp) inserted. I have not had a period since my son was born (17months ago)
My pap smear also came out negative. What do you suggest I do?

Chan1

There are a number of reasons for not ovulating and sometimes the cause is unknown. I would suggest that you have a scan to exclude ovarian problems. Otherwise the Pill or Mirena are options.

1
Posted by: Lin | 2007/06/23

Sound like you might have PCO or PCOS. Do a google search on it. The symptoms are normally facial hair, weight gain, no ovulation, ect. Hope this helps!

Reply to Lin