Question
Posted by: sharn | 2006/10/27

Not normal..

Hey cyberdude
Still struggling with bulimia and writin finals which just makes things worse.Thinking about Tara at the end of the year to get this sorted. I just need to get this off my chest.I went to church two years ago and they spoke so much into my life.I feel like everytime I binge and throw up i'm sinning.I feel angry with God but at the same time I get so scared he will stop protecting me.I feel like demonic things will hurt me when I get sick.I'm seriously scared of the dark and am constantly seeing shadows.What's wrong with me?I'm on meds already...

Hi sham,
Nasty combination, eh ? Finals are never enjoyable ( except their finality, once you've passed, can be appreciated !) And bulimia keeps you busy much less productively or usefully, too. Bulimia is a disorder, and NOT a sin. I don't think there's any sensible view of God that doesn't recognize that God understands and sympathizes with those of us with disorders and problems, and wants us to take whatever steps are most likely to help us get better, and that God has no interest in punishing us for being unwell.
I think these feelings of guilt and the fears of the dark, etc., are things that you REALLY need to discuss with your own shrink who is providing the meds, so they can be assessed in the light of all that he knopws about you, and maybe enable him to adjust the meds and treatment suitably.

1
Posted by: Momof3 | 2006/10/29

Hi sham I hope that you will do very well in your finals but as you say when your finished you can concentrate more on yourself in becoming well.If you want a good rehab go to Noupoort.My son was there for herion addiction and it not a walk in the park but they can help you.
Please see your doctor or shink to help you more now to get through this.

Reply to Momof3