Question
Posted by: gills | 2004/11/10

Not loosing with weigh-less. OVEREATING!

I have been with weighless for 1 month now..... First week I lost 1 kg further on nothing. I feel with weigh-less I am eating too much. Is this not perhaps their strategy for you to loose slowly or not at all for long periods? I have also tried Bioslim which truelly helped in the beginning but my body is standing still... even tried exercising. What can I do? I am so desperate to loose weight... please help me! Yours sincerely Gillian

Dear Gills
No Weighless and Weight Watchers who use a balanced energy-reduced diet for weight loss, do not have such a strategy and if they suggest that you eat a certain amount of food, then it is not a good idea to cut down further. People who go on diet to lose weight often think that they will get better results if they starve themselves. This is a fallacy because the body switches off its weight loss systems when it perceives that it is being starved. There are also countless individuals who have lost weight successfully and in very large amounts with Weighless. I can't judge if you still need to lose weight or not, as you don't list your weight in kg and height in metres so that I can calculate your BMI. You can click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Tools' to work out your own BMI. If your BMI is between 18 and 25 (the normal range) then you will lose weight more slowly than someone who has 30 kg to lose. I would suggest that you continue with your diet and the exercise (not just for a short period) for another month. If you have still not lost any more weight at that stage, then it may be a good idea to have a medical checkup to see if you don't have a hormone imbalance (thyroid, female hormones, insulin) as this can hamper your weight loss, provided your weight is not already in the normal range.

2
Posted by: elisabeth | 2004/11/11

Ja ek is ook op Weigh Less as vir die afgelope 2 jaar en ry nou wipplank - dan op dan af ens ens - ek het nog 6kg om te verloor en dit gaan baie baie moeilik - ek is partykeer baie moedeloos en ek kry ook nou end an cravings vir soetgoed. Ek het al vir 'n week baie streng by die eetplan gehou, maar in plaas daarvan dat ek af is is ek op, dit is om van te skreeu!

Reply to elisabeth
Posted by: Ice | 2004/11/10

I myself have lost lots of weight with weigh-less because it WORKS !! It does actually feel as if you are eating too much but if you are following their guidelines, and drinking your 6-8 glasses of water I guarantee you that you will loose weight.

At the moment I am eating the Weigh Less way, and I'm only eating about half of what they prescribe, and I'm drinking about 3 - 4 glasses of water daily, and I'm still losing weight. And that includes cheating about 3 times a week.
And of course it is better to lose weight slowly, about 0.6 - 1kg a week. If you're still saying that you're following their every rule, then maybe you should talk to your group leader, that's why she's there - to help you.

Reply to Ice