Question
Posted by: maryannc | 2004/11/15

Not loosing weight on breasts, is it because I eat to much of one type of food?

Dear Doc,

Hope you well and that you could maybe take a few minutes to help me. I'm 1.7m in height and weigh about 53 kg. Don't eat red meat, chicken & fish 1 - 2 a week max. I've lost weight to the point where my bum bones are hurting me when I sit but my breasts are as big as always. I have bread every day and chips max 4 times a week. Am I maybe consuming too much of one particular type of food type like carbohydrates.

Please advise me what I can do to loose weight there too.

Your help would be appreciated,

Thx,
MAC

Dear Mac
Thank you for your good wishes. The problem with the so-called female 'fat depots' is that they concentrate fat in specific areas such as the thighs, buttocks and breasts. If your present BMI is already dangerously low (i.e. 18,3) then you obviously don't need to lose more weight and you could actually gain a few kg to get back into a higher range. Your ideal weight would be 64 kg, i.e. 11 kg more than you are weighing now. If the size of your breasts is a problem, then I can only suggest that you consult a plastic surgeon to have them reduced.

5
Posted by: unhappy | 2004/11/17

yes, liza please tell us???

Reply to unhappy
Posted by: Foxy | 2004/11/17

Hi Liza, how did you loose the 20kg?

Reply to Foxy
Posted by: Liza | 2004/11/17

Hi MAC,

I have lost 20kg and by boobs are gone! Wish you can give me some of yours.

Reply to Liza
Posted by: MAC | 2004/11/16

I've lost about 4 kg since March this year. I've never really been fat but when I do pick up weight like when I weighed 57kg I have allot of problem especially with headaches, back etc. because of my small bone structure. I don't really diet, just try to eat healthy and small portions this gives me the freedom to eat fatty stuff every now and again without really gaining weight.

For breakfast (about 11:30) I have 4 slices of toast with butter / simba chips - try not to have both. During the week I might have lunch mainly fruit / veg which doesn't happen often. For supper I've cut out red meat completely, I only eat chicken fingers / white of chicken and fish max 2 -3 times. I eat allot of vegetables (try to eat salad too) as they have little fat, I also have fried potatoes about 4 times a week. On weekends I try and have a big brunch (egg, toast, tomato & onion & fish fingers), which takes me through the day. I don’t drink gas colddrink (have sweeto instead), I hardly ever have chocolate / sweets (when I nibble I nibble on popcorn) I try and drink 3L of water a day which also flushes my system. The rest of the time I eat what my heart desires.

It’s not that I want to be thin I’m just eating healthy most of the time and I’m just loosing. Yes it’s nice to be small and petite but these big breasts aren’t helping J

What you saying sounds right in a way but how do I increase my BMI and would this help reduce my breasts?

The best diet advice I can give you, which did wonders for me when I dieted over a year ago (went down to 49 which was a bit too skinny) is to buy a can of Shape. There’s a kilojoules chart on the inside and basically they calculate your daily kilojoules intake (taking into account how active you are, how much you want to loose per week etc). I didn’t take the milkshake though ‘cause I felt hungry afterwards, ate and didn’t loose, instead I took all my kilojoules and substituted the milkshake for food then I started loosing. If for arguments sake you can have 4000 kj per day if you want to loose 1 kg a week, on the chart and on most food types they’ll tell you the kilojoules value of a specified amt of the product. You can eat what ever you want as long as you stay within your 4000 limit I always ate a bit less than that. It’s interesting to see just how many kJ there’s in most food types. You find especially with vegetables you can eat a shitload (1 cup of carrots = 25 kg, compared to 1 piece of red meat = 1000 odd kj).

That worked wonders and I still had the freedom to have chocolate etc. I’ve also seen great results with people on weigh less (my sister lost 8kg) but it’s a bit expensive.

Hope that I was helpful and that you reach your goal weight soon. Just hang in there it takes time but u’ll get there.

Reply to MAC
Posted by: mimi | 2004/11/15

how much did you loose with this diet? so you say it is hi carbo but less protein and it worked? what is your typical menu i.e. for breakfast? I think your BMI might be too low as i am 1.69m tall and weigh 68kg and i want to loose 10 kg and at 58 kg my BMi will be 20. 22 is ideal that would be at 64kg. Why do you want to be so thin just out of interest.

Reply to mimi