Question
Posted by: Jessie 2 | 2008/01/30

Not loosing weight

I've tried for the past month to loose weight and excercise 2x per week one class called fitness class, thus lots of cardiovascular excercise.

I have very busy work, lots of meetings and driving, thus opted to shake 2x per day. I use the dietfuel of USN and their Pedra cut capsuels. Then I eat normally in evening which is generally low fat & relatively healthy. I also sometimes eat one fruit per day.

See my dinners past week:
Monday: piece of chicken, squash, beans
Tuesday: piece steak, 2 veggies
Wednesday: bobotie & 2 veggies.

I think I don't have any metabolism and struggle with constipation as well. I tried diets but don't like it as I am too busy to plan thus the shakes. Previously I used herbalife shake & it works.

I am 38 years old, weight 68 kg and is 1.58 tall.

I also tested my tyrone beginning last year and it was normal, however at the time I was drinking kelp vitamins everyday, now I don't drink any kelp.

Any advice?

Dear Jessie 2
Your present BMI = 27,2 which is above the upper level of the normal range (18-25), so you could lose some weight. If you reduce your weight to 60 kg your BMI would be 24 and nicely within the normal range. Check if the shakes you are using do not contain more energy than you require, namely 500 cal or 2100 kJ per meal because this could be hampering your weight loss. Generally speaking it is better to use normal foods for your slimming programme. You can try eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet) to see if this does not help you to start losing weight. Keep up the exercise as this does promote weight loss - it would be excellent if you could do 30 min a day.