Question
Posted by: XMAS BLUES | 2004/12/08

NOT IN THE MOOD

Went down to canteen now and heard the xmas carols playing. Great xmas ahead, husband gone for a yr now - with his bimbo, I sit with the 2 kids, alone. Sorry I know I am feeling sorry for myself, just got really blue. Am tired. Am lonely.

yes, Xmas Blues, amidst everyone's Yo-Ho-Ho, they can easily forget that this is a sad time of year for very many people, especially those who are lonely and those who have lost people dear to them. Work on making it a quietly happy time for the kids ; and check on spending some of the time with family and friends, and not being too solitary. Keep at it, and you'll get the whole hog eventually Rain dance sounds fun, and we have the rain for it, and its bound to amuse the kids. .

6
Posted by: Paul | 2004/12/09

Lol XB Naked raindancing will for sure attract the men, but I doubt the kind you are looking for.

Reply to Paul
Posted by: XB | 2004/12/08

Thanks guys, and in the mean time Paul, what shall I do? Run around doing a naked rain dance, maybe that's an idea. I know I know, pulling myself down. Got lots to be grateful for but u know what, I'm greedy, want the whole hog. No no, don't want a pig, meant arrrghghgh, u know what i meant.

Reply to XB
Posted by: Paul | 2004/12/08

Yea I know, keeping positive really does feel like bulshitting yourself. point is that people were not created to be alone, and yes we have stints where we are (my max was almost 4 years) but one day - when you least expect it you meet that person, and then you know why you waited so long and its worth it.

Reply to Paul
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/12/08

Hey XB,

Sounds like you just stole the words outta my head with that last response of yours'

Tell you what, I know it isn't the same, but I know how hard this time of year can be. Worse is when you see them buying & receiving gifts... Eish the list can go on here but I don't wanna think of things like that right now. What I want to suggest is that for a little bit, you forget about being still alone, & resolve to give your kids the best xmas you can. Believe me, even though you have to be to bed alone at night, their happiness & satisfaction is worth a hundred times more.

Hey maybe they can even share your bed for a night or 2. Do things with them you would otherwise not have. Have fun with them, if there isn't any, then make fun.

You cannot sit around waiting for somebody else to make you happy, make yourself happy. Yes I know it's not easy, I know just as well as anybody that it's not easy, but often we have to make do with what we have, even if it's not what we really want.

Hang in there XB, sometimes it takes longer, but your turn at happiness will get to you eventually. Maybe those bombings in the north have slowed down that sleigh from getting to us quicker...

Regards,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: XB | 2004/12/08

Why be strong, why keep the faith? I've been hoping and praying for a year now, but nope, still alone. Sometimes I feel stupid being positive, almost like denial, "gee u silly girl - of course you will always be alone, u r such a nutter for thinking someone would want u". That's how I think.

Reply to XB
Posted by: Paul | 2004/12/08

Hey, I know the feeling walking in a shopping centre, with all the tinsel and glitter while inside your heart is dark and damp. I know the unsolicited hatred rising when you see them walking hand in hand, loving like people do, and you alone.

Keep strong keep the faith, you have your life and with it, endless oppertunity to do things for yourself.

Thinking of you.

Reply to Paul