Question
Posted by: Andy | 2004/01/05

Not hungry but need food!

I have very poor eating habits, sometimes there would go days by that I don't eat in the afternoon. Is it wise to consider a shake, which contains vitamins and minerals for lunch?
I haven't lost any weight, but my nails became very brittle, my skin have all kinds of breakouts and my hair falls out. I live a very demanding life.

Dear Andy
I would urge you to try and eat a balanced diet which includes at least 3 meals a day. If you have little appetite and skip lunch, then it may be a good idea to use a nutritive meal replacement such as Nutren 1,0 or Ensure (buy at chemists) as well as a complete vitamin and mineral supplement such as Centrum or Supradyn. If you have problems with your nails and skin then it is always best to consult a Dermatologist, and also mention the hair loss (the latter could be diet-related, i.e. an iron deficiency), as you may require treatment for these conditions. Do a Search on this Website using 'Balanced Diet' as your search term and read up about balanced eating.
Take care