Question
Posted by: Badi Si | 2004/09/21

Not getting pregant

We have been tyring to have a baby for the past 3 months, without any success. I went off the pill and I am a fairly healthy person. I have been having abnormal periods which last over 7 days. What can we do?

3 months is not a long time. We only start investigating after a year on no conception, however if you have developed abnormal periods you should see your gynae

2
Posted by: Lollipop | 2004/09/21

It depents how long you were on the PILL.

It is harder for someone that has been on the Pill to fall pregnant than someone how has never been on the Pill.

Reply to Lollipop
Posted by: Jane1 | 2004/09/21

It can take a 'normal' couple up to a year to fall pregnant. You've only been trying for three months, so you shouldn't be worried just yet. If you'd like peace of mind, perhaps you should invest in an ovulation tester (such as the Fertile Focus microscope- R280 from Dischem), to see if you're ovulating each cycle?
Good luck.
Jane1

Reply to Jane1