Posted by: wanna be mom | 2008/10/16

not getting preg after miscarriage

hi doc

had a miscarriage at 7wks 11/2 years ago, since then i havent gotten pregnant. my periods are irregular, sometimes 20days late or even more. gynae suggested might not be ovulating and to have a blood test, which im having next week. could the prob really be that im not ovulating and can that be treated and how long does treatment take before trying to get pregnant. desperate for baby now.

Dear Wanna be Mom

Certainly the history is highly indicative of ovulation dysfunction and/or persistent luteal production of progesterone. It is imperative that a careful hormone evaluation is done and monitoring be undertaken to further diagnosis this problem. It may be necessary to stimulate ovulation and in some case support the post ovulation-luteal phase in order to achieve a pregnancy.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

Posted by: elmonique | 2008/10/17

relax,thats the only way.u mite have a hormone imbalance and u making it worse by putting so much pressure on urself.i know what im talking about.ive been through it myself and the moment i set my mind on sumthing else,i found out im preggies.

Reply to elmonique