Posted by: Anne | 2008/10/06

Not getting anywhere

I dont know what to do anymore. Im 27years old and picked up 10kg in 60 months. Yes i know i wawsnt eateing right, but now im sort of eateing better and try to gym every night for 40 min. But nothings seems to happen, I weig 73kg and want to lose at least 10kg in 2 months. What can I do, where can i search for answers

Dear Anne
You admit that gaining the 10 kg took 60 months or 5 whole years and now you want to lose 10 kg in only 2 months! Well if you use a sensible diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of an energy-reduced, low-fat diet) and do aerobic exercises (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming) for those 40 min a day, then you will lose between 0,5 and 1kg per week. In other words it will take approx. 10 weeks or 2,5 months to lose the weight you gained if you stick to the diet and the exercise.

Posted by: Chantelle | 2009/03/27

I have really found that jogging works like no other exercise. It was hard to get into it but the right friends and motivation nothing is impossible!

Reply to Chantelle
Posted by: Raven | 2008/10/08

If you are still following the " diet"  and not getting anywhere, go to a good endocrinologist. And keep switching til you find one that works. You might try looking up " metabolic syndrome'  on the web and trying to find an endo that knows something about it. If I tried following the diet on this website I would be as big as a barn. There is no way I can eat that much food and lose weight. I would gain weight. I went for years trying every diet there is, including dr' s diets, diabetic diets, etc. Docs would say, " you must not be following it right" . They would blame me. Finally I found out the problem and I have lost over 100 pounds. There is help out there if you are one of the many people struggling with this disease. But you have to find out if you have it, then learn what to do to really lose the weight if you do. Good luck.

Reply to Raven