Question
Posted by: LlLI | 2007/05/14

NOT FALLING PREGNAT

I HAVE TRYING FOR A BABY FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENIN...SOMETIMES I DO MISS ON MY PERIOD BUT STILL NOTHING AND SOMETIMES I BECOME A WEEK LATE LIKE THIS MONTH ,SO I KEEP ON HAVING THESE FALSE ALARMS AND IT IS FRUSTRATING!! LASTLY THE NEW THING NOW IS MY PERIODS ARE ONLY DURING THE SAME TIME OF THE MONTH MAYBE FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS THEN IT CHANGES SOMETIMES IT IS IN THE BEGINNING OF THE MONTH AND SOMETIMES RIGHT AT THE END.

WHAT HAPPENED THIS MONTH IS BEFORE I STARTED MY PERIOD I HAD WATER COMING OUT TE WHOLE DAY THEN IN THE AFTERNOON IT WAS MY MENSTRUATION

AND MY MENSTRUAL FLOW IS HEAVY AND THICK(CLOTHS)I CANNOT EVEN SNEEZE..PLEASE TELL ME WHAT COULD BE THE COZ OF MY INFERTILITY AND WHY IS MY MENSTRUAL FLOW SO HEAVY

Dear Lili

The menstrual pattern by itself is not sufficient to diagnose the cause of fertility problems. A full investigation is necessary both on the part of the male as well as the female. This would include an evaluation of the fallopian tubes and ultrasound scan of the pelvis at least. Should all other factors be found to be normal then the problem of hormonal imbalance and ovulatory dysfunction should be investigated and treated appropriately.