Question
Posted by: Kay | 2003/03/26

Not enough kilojoules burned in a week's exercise?

Hello,
I read that, in order to lose weight, you need to burn at least 7000 kilojoules a week in the gym. I partake in the intermediate spinning class (45 minutes) four times a week - is this enough exercise to burn 7000 kilojoules. If not, what training program can I follow?
Thanx!

Dear Kay

Weight loss is about calorie balance. How much weight you lose will not only depend on how much exercise you do, but also how many calories you are eating. Therefore the amount of exercise and the intensity of your training will depend on what you are eating amongst other things such as your age your present weight and your weight loss goals.

I would suggest consulting a dietician to analyse your diet, so that you can identify the ins and outs.