Question
Posted by: Karen | 2004/11/02

Not eating veggies but trying to loose weight

Good Day,

Since being held up 3 years ago I have become very introvert and managed to pick up about 40kg's.
My weight is depressing me and since my financial situation is at it's worst I'm feeling dispondant about almost everything.
I am 25, I have high blood pressure & cholesterol and I do not eat vegetables or any sea-food.
A friend of mine joined weigh-less a few months back and is doing SO well and I want to help myself now too.
I don't think weigh less will work for me though because I don't eat veggies or fish.
I am considering weight watchers but I don't know much about them and if their program will work for me ???? Also I confided in my "friend" and work that I plan to join a group to get help and she just shot me down saying I if I don't eat veggies or salad I will never loose weight.
Is she right ?? should I just face the fact I will always be fat and alone OR can I loose weight even though I don't eat the stuff ??

I felt so motivated before I spoke to her and now i just wonder if I'll be wasting my time & money.

Dear Karen
Stop right there. Contact either Weight Watchers or Weighless (both have excellent slimming programmes that achieve great success) and discuss this problem with them. You may find that eating fruit instead of vegetables is a good option and if you don't eat fish then you can eat lean meat, eggs or fat-free cottage cheese instead. Don't let yourself me put off my the remarks of a person who does not know anything about nutrition. She probably got a kick out of putting you down - some friend. You do what you want to do to lose weight in a sensible way. You will find that the diets used by Weighless and Weight Watchers will also help to lower your cholesterol and as you lose weight your bp will come down. I would also like to suggest that you consider doing some form of exercise together with the dieting as research has shown that exercise can be a powerful aid to slimming. You could start off by walking briskly every day slowly increasing the distance and pace at which you walk as you start losing weight. Walk for Life are an excellent option because they monitor your progress, give you moral support and also ensure that you are safe when you go walking.
Holding thumbs that you put this episode behind you, join one of the organisations and start losing weight.
I believe in your success

3
Posted by: Annalize | 2004/11/03

Karen,

You can loose weight!!! You do not have to eat veggies or seafood. Try Weight Watchers. It works. I have lost 20kg on Weight Watchers.

Reply to Annalize
Posted by: Karen | 2004/11/03

I don't know why to be honest, my mom says that even as a child she battled to get any into me (and it's not because of how they were prepared cos my mom is an excellent cook).
I have tried now that I'm older but I just don't like the taste and I'd rather starv than eat any.
The only stuff I eat occassionally is potato, mieles, maybe some pea's and a little carrot. I can't eat them on their own either, I have to have mince or something with.

Reply to Karen
Posted by: Jenna | 2004/11/02

May I ask why you do not eat any veggies? Do you hate the taste or feel that they do not fill you up? What is it?

Reply to Jenna