Question
Posted by: jokennedy429@hotmail.com | 2004/02/25

not coping with my diabetcs

im always high with my blood they run at 19 i no i should be around 5 but i always feel ill im scared that i will die as my nerves in my feet have already gone im finding it hard to get ptregant i just cant cope im always treid please help me

Dear jk,
Well, dealing spciially with your diabetes, is something that you have to discuss with the doctor treating it with you --- maybe a private specialist or the doctor you may be seeing at a provincial hospital. If this has only been diagnosed fairly recently, it can take some time to get diabtes roperly under control. If you have been treated for diabetes for some time, maybe it's one of the varieties of diabetes which is more difficult to get well under control.
Either way, it sounds as though you are getting to feel hopeless and confused and alarmed at the whole process. Any good diabetic clinic ought to have an experienced nurse, maybe also a psychologist or social worker, who can work directly with you to help you feel more in control of the situation, so that you control your diabetes, rather than the other way around.
Maybe, because pregnancy can complicate this process, it's important to gain proper control first, before trying seriously to get pregnant --- also, when the diabetes is under better control, it may well be easier to become prenant.
try asking my cyber-neighbour here on health24, Cyberdoc, more specific questions about your diabetes and whatever specific difficulties you may be having in mnaing it.